Physiotherapy Services in Halifax
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is the health care profession committed to improving and restoring movement. Physiotherapists are health care professionals that have a highly developed understanding of how the body works, what keeps it moving well and how to restore lost mobility.
Physiotherapists can help get you moving after surgery, treat neck, back, shoulder and other joint injuries, treat sport injuries and give advice on prevention. They can maximize mobility in neurological disorders, help to manage respiratory and cardiac conditions, work related injuries, care for physical challenges associated with arthritis and repetitive strain.
Physiotherapists are university-educated clinicians and researchers who can help you achieve your highest level of physical functioning (at any stage of life) by providing you with a personalized treatment plan based on your specific needs.
How physiotherapy can help you:
- Modalities to reduce pain and inflammation
- Restore and increase range of motion
- Improve strength and conditioning
- Increase co-ordination
- Provide home exercise programs
- Educate to reduce recurrence and prevent injury
- Facilitate return to work/sport
- Assessments of movement, strength, endurance and other physical abilities
- Assess impact of injury or disability on physical function
- Assess physical preparation for work or sport
- Programs to reduce pain
- Individualized treatment based on scientific knowledge, a thorough assessment of the condition, environmental factors and lifestyle